You seem to get a lot of free advice when you are pregnant and when you have a baby. But today's advice from a stranger has been my favorite. She said, "Don't wish your babies days away. Don't think it will be better when he's walking, or talking, or sitting up. Only wish for today and love what he is doing today."
I love that advice.
There are so many good stages in our lives. High school, college, vacations, dating, marriage, working, etc. etc. They are all so great and how many times do we say, "I can't wait till I _______?" I might have said that a million times. But it ends now.
Who knew I would love staying home so much and just being with Weston? I didn't. But I do. And I only have this one chance to get to know him now and watch him grow up. It's seriously true, they change every day.
And I love today.
6 comments:
That is great advice. I love babies...I need to hold Weston for you so you can take a nap or get a pedicure.
I'm still waiting for you to come over...or I could come there with ALL of my children.
Such a cute post! That is such great advice...especially right now with Al going to Pharmacy School! I seem to always think that things will be so great when he is done but I know these next few years will be great as well!
I needed to hear that today! Thank you Shan! You and Weston are breathtaking...I need to come see you! I know this contradicts the idea of the post, but I really can't wait to be a mom! I just hope I'll be 1/2 as cute as you! xoxo
I love love this baby stage! You're right to enjoy every moment becuase they grow so fast!
So true Shan... can't wait to meet your little man!
You are so much more open on your blog than you are in person! This is cute.
Post a Comment