Andrea, Kelley, Danica, Ang, Amy, Lindsey, and Alex... this ones for you.

I went to water aerobics this morning at the gym (no comments on that one please... the water belt almost doesn't hold me up) and I suddenly had flashbacks. Maybe it was the lifeguards just sitting around talking and not life guarding, summer camp instructors hanging out and not watching the kids, the personal trainers, the smell of sunscreen, the nasty locker rooms, kids, or the smell of chorine?
Anyway, it brought back way too many memories and I got a bit sad and I suddenly missed those Sports Mall days... because let's be honest, they were a blast!! FYI: did you know that towels are now $1 to rent? What happened to $.53? Or what about when they were free?
Ok... so here are some of my favorites...and you have to add the ones I forgot!! Love you girls and miss you!!
-training with Scott (most memorable moment would be wearing a harness and pulling him)
-Scott's legs in orange running shorts
-Christmas parties ordering one of everything on the menu
-teaching step aerobics to the kids at summer camps
-getting yelled at by the members for being too loud when teaching step aerobics
-Jayden getting thrown in the pool and crying
-suddenly loving the hot dogs at the snack bar
-Kids Night Out... need I say more?
-the tanning room incidents (you know what I'm talking about)
-chasing people down that snuck in... and then threatening to call the police
-hanging the cute boys pictures behind the front desk
-sleeping in when you were supposed to open at 5 am
-the bubble getting blown down
-turning off lights in the bubble when people were stealing court time
-mold in the swimming pool
-the locker rooms never getting cleaned
-and Andrea: bringing the kids from the homeless shelter for their own Kids Night Out. What were we thinking?
3 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!! Iwas laughing out loud so hard at this!!! Really, we did have SO many great memories there! There are definitely moments when I long to be back in those carefree days with all of you girls! Here's a few more memories for the book:
-red, white, and blue tie-dyed shirts singing Jonn Denvers "proud to be an american" at our own 4th of July parade around the track (which is now turned into 6 professional sandpit volleyball courts- sad).
-rose pink and baby blue blousy dress shirts as our uniforms for the front desk.
-Sharon Day. Russ Price. Norma Carlisle. Carla Vietti. Jeremy Willey. Lee Hammel. Peggy Beck. Clark Ivory. Lamont Green. Just to name a few :)
-Running club- what the?
-Rick Steed blaming every spill in the building on us.
-The camera we used to have to take pictures with for membership cards
-Duane Dotterer's picture on his membership card.
-Kelley--- you're here for water aerobics, right?
-For sure Scott straddling us in the wall sit
-When my fake hair piece fell out while working out with Donita- eww.
Wow.... I could go on forever. Thanks for the memories girls!!! I love you!
Ok, let's not forget Alex waving the flag and singing "proud to be an american" and blending right in... hilarious!!
I am dying laughing right now!!! hahahah!!! Oh the many, many, memories!
I die laughing every time I think of Brent hurling Jaden in the air followed by the biggest face plant i have ever seen!!
And yes.. I did enjoy and those SICK hot dogs! Gross!!! Sports Camps do a nubmer on ya!!
I can't help add to the list of my favorite Chinese lady throwing a pen at my face calling me " the stupidest girl i have ever seen".. Good times!
Kelly and I cutting up the memebers cards and the members asking for their cards back and we would hand them a cut out of their tiny lil heads forcing them to get their new cards...
I could go on and on but I won't..
Ahh the days of the Sports Mall!!! I will forever love that place!!
Shannon this made my day!!! You crack me up!! Thanks for the super fun post!!! love you!!
Post a Comment