I had a cooking disaster Sunday night. I tried making Red Velvet Cupcakes. First batch was dry. Second batch was dry. Third times a charm, right? Wrong. Third batch was dry. I'm assuming it was the recipe... can I really screw up a recipe three times in a row? {Maybe I shouldn't ask or answer that}. So I threw the recipe away, along with the cupcakes.
Since I owed myself a treat after a long hard session in water aerobics this morning, I whipped up some parisian macaroons. I'm not sure how they are supposed to taste but they were dang good... so I'm thinking I did it right. Now mine are darker then Martha's picture. But I think it was because of the almond meal that I bought... there was no way in heck I was grinding my own almond meal. Only Martha does things like that. And I overcooked the first batch... I think 18 minutes is the key.
1 comment:
They were yummy. I had one tonight when I got home even though I had already consumed Swedish Fish, a red velvet bundt and angel food cake with fruit...hmmm I think I need to start watching what I eat.
Post a Comment