Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Handful of Pumpkin Patch Pics {2011}

I'll secretly admit that I'm pumpkin patched out. Did I really just say that? Weston had his school field trip to the pumpkin patch this last week and I was feeling so happy that it was my last trip to the patch for the season. Don't worry, I'll be all geared up to go again in 12 months. 

I wanted to die watching Weston pick out all the kernals stuck in between in toes. He was so focused on the task. 




Our favorite new addition to G&M's this year was the petting zoo for $1. I don't think I've ever been in such a small fenced in space with a pony, donkey, pig, 2 turkeys, 2 chickens, a cat, a sheep, about 5 kids, and their parents. Nothing like getting sniffed, snorted at, and licked all at the same time. Ewww. That being said... I thought it was cool to pet my first pig and Weston LOVED it. I had to drag him away from the pig and he loved holding the turkey.


Weston was a little possessive of the barn door at Joan's Pumpkin Patch this year. He would tell all the little kids that entered and exit, "No, mine." Then I would remind him that it was Joan's and it was for everyone. It was slightly like Groundhog Day. 


I got one picture of Holden before he decided to suction himself to the pumpkin.  I'd reposition him and then .01 seconds later he'd be eating the pumpkin. Grody and funny all at the same time. 


2 comments:

Emily and Alan said...

Ok so that face Holden is making is classic...I love it! And I love his hair...looks darker and different texture than Weston's. Maybe their one differentiating feature! Miss those little guys!

anya said...

i'll be honest, having all those animals so close would totally freak me out!! Weston is braver than I! Glad you got your pumpkin patch fix for the season!