Thursday, April 8, 2010

Kitchen and Great Room: Before And After

Sigh. Of. Relief. I finished redecorating the kitchen and great room. A huge thank you to Caitlin who helped me pull everything together, gave me amazing color and fabric ideas, and encouraged me to take on a TON of DIY projects. She is so great! I definitely have a love/hate relationship with DIY's... but in the end there is mostly love. I saved major cash, I got custom pieces that fit just my space, and I have a new set of skills. Win win.

There are about a million pics... beware. I love looking at how your personal space transforms over time so I had to document every angle.

















17 comments:

Amanda said...

Inspiring. I love it. Maybe you can come to Rochester and teach me a thing or two.

MAEH said...

Love it! It looks so good...I like the stripey curtains! Good work.

Home4TheHendersons said...

I love it. Your house is gorgeous.

anya said...

Looks amazing Shan!

Nicki said...

I love it! It looks so cozy, not that it looked bad before, but I realy like what you have done...what did you do with your old table? love the new round one!

stacy said...

Shannon..so talented!! I too love the striped curtains. Email me at stashby@hotmail.com and we will discuss the insanity...

Whit said...

Beautiful Shannon! It is amazing the warmth in the "after" shots. Very very cute.

Lindsay Johansen said...

AMAZING!! I'm thinking of flying you out here in the summer to help me with my house! You should become a designer Shan, you would make a killing!! xoxo - Linds

Emily and Alan said...

I love it! You did such an awesome job. Can't wait to see the entry...

Lindsey, J.D. said...

Oh, it looks so good. You are amazing! And I loved the 6 month comment ... I think that will be my new goal. The whole 6 weeks thing was quite misleading.

Joe, D.D.S. said...

I'm sure Cam is pissed you made him move his guitar. And what did you do with the round clock?

andreaslc said...

sooooo cute.

Sara said...

how do you do everything that you do???? are you on meth? hehe. just kidding. i love what you have done.

Tiffany said...

it looks incredible!! do you care if i post the picture on my blog so my sisters can see?? dani bought the green and white strip fabric from ikea forever ago but is afraid to put it up- now she'll see how incredible it looks!!

Tiffany said...

ps when are you going to show weston's room?

Amanda said...

Shannon, I loved the before, but I LOVE the after! (I knew Cameron at The Belmont, he was in my ward with Erica and such, I found you guys through Erica's blog.) I did have three questions... 1) What kind of high chair is that? I love it! 2) Did you make the pillow with the yellow flowers on it? Love that too! 3) where did you find your fabrics (like the fabric for the kitchen valance), I love that fabric and the chair fabric. These pictures make me miss Domino magazine, the room looks like it could have been featured in that mag. Say hi to Cameron for me!

Hilarry said...

Um, you're amazing! It looks incredible!!! Seriously, I need your help. We bought a table and chairs today that we want to paint so I need to call you for tips. This could get interesting...

P.S. I have the same Dwell pillows with the yellow rosettes!!! LOVE THEM!