Thursday, December 17, 2009

Putting Up the Lights

Last year we didn't want to go through the hassle of buying outside lights and putting them up. This year we won't be here for Christmas so we bagged the tree idea. We are scrooges on many levels apparently. BUT... we sprung for the outside lights this year and I love them.

But the best part of it all is that our ladder isn't very tall. Cameron lept, in a sense, up onto the roof. Coming down was a different story. He didn't dare leap down in hopes of catching the first rung of the ladder. It was seriously entertaining seeing him stuck up there on the roof. What was not funny was me going door to door looking for someone with a taller ladder. EMBARRASSING.

Waiting,

waiting,
waiting,
and more waiting.

He eventually got down after I tracked down a neighbor a street over. I REALLY wanted to take a picture of Cameron, the neighbor who rescued him, and the heroic ladder, but I held back. I figured I had already inconvenienced my newly met neighbor by having him drag his huge and heavy ladder around the neighborhood. Classic.

7 comments:

HalnJess said...

I LOVE the series of shots! So funny! Cam, you're a good, good sport!

We put up the tree and bagged the lights this year...how not festive of us!

anya said...

Does Cam get all ticked off again when he sees this pictures? Scott totally would... ha! I love that you documented this... and even better that you walked around your whole neighborhood to find a ladder. Hilarious. I think Cam needs a little giant ladder for Christmas!

Sara said...

hillarious! how was he planning on getting down?

Shannon and Cameron said...

Anya: we have a little giant... it's not tall enough. Sad for us.

Hilarry and Preston said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for this!

I laughed all night at the first picture of Cam on the roof. Seriously, every couple hours I would see it in my head and it would still make me laugh. I love that your husband is stuck on the roof and you stop to take pictures.

So freakin hilarious.

stacy said...

I love it! i would totally do that to my husband.. poor men, small little brains and us devious women with pictures to take and blogs to blogs...

Anonymous said...

louis vuitton was designed in 1888 but its geometric and sedate pattern still keeps chit and timeless after more than 100 hundred years. There are a whole collection of city and louis vuitton bag and small leather accessories made of Damier canvas since 1996. The unisex and easy style makes Louis vuitton bags feminine and sophisticated. Get one louis vuitton handbags to increase your wardrobe.