Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Paint Project #1

Brooke and Nicki talked me into painting... I have never painted before except for one time. I helped Nicki paint her ceiling and I think I had more paint on my shoes then on the ceiling. So after borrowing lots of Brooke's supplies, 2 trips to Home Depot, and a detailed inservice by Brooke on taping off our room...  
we started to paint. I wish I had pictures of Brooke and Nicki painting because they slaved away on the room too... not to mention answering 100 of my questions (thank you, thank you, thank you!!) 

And we are done (with the painting that is). I have furniture and bedding picked out but now I just need to find a money tree. 

13 comments:

Ryan said...

The pictures look great. What a difference!

smithfam said...

Looks great! I love dark colors.
You guys look like pros painting!!
I have a few bedrooms here you can come use your talents on....:)

Carolyn said...

Shannon, this looks terrific! What an eye you have for design ... well done!

Emily and Alan said...

Your room looks awesome Shan...I love it!

Nicole said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the color you chose! Its the color of my old kitchen! I'm the worst painter ever and have a hard time finishing the projects I start! I'm looking at one of those projects as we speak! Ugh!

Tanner Family said...

Its looks great! I am so glad they talked you into it. By the way I love your bangs!

anya said...

Looks amazing Shannon! Props to you and all your helpers!!!

Christine said...

Love it! That is a GREAT color (do you mind sharing the name of the color?)

I think your current bedding and bed looks great - really great!

Good job ladies!

Michelle said...

Let me know when you find that money tree. I've got a list a mile long of things to buy but just need to find the funding for it.

Chris Neidig said...

Looks Great Shannon. I love the contrast of the dark paint and the white. You did a great job! Love the way it looks with your bedding.
Mom

Nicki said...

I LOVE that color...now you only have the rest of your house to do!...hehe

HalnJess said...

YOU ARE HAVING A BLAST!! I love the projects you're tackling - they look fantastic! Okay, now I know who to call for our next place...
And the bangs look cute from the photo. But I had a bad cut once and cried for three days. WAY TO GO by breaking it off!!

Erica said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! geez, these colors look great. you want to remodel my house!?!?!