Friday, July 4, 2008

Canned Pumpkin

A while back I  read somewhere that you can make a cake or cupcakes with a cake mix (chocolate or white) and canned pumpkin. I never dared try it... but I had some friends over for dinner last week and Lisa brought cupcakes made with a white cake mix and a can of pumpkin. She sprinkled sugar on the top and they were super good and only 2 points (good news apparently for those who watch their points). 

Anyhow- I'm not a huge fan of the ingredients in a cake mix, but the cupcakes are pretty good. I made some this week

but mine didn't turn out as cute as Lisa's because she used this pan. She sells pampered chef and I think she could convince anyone to buy anything in that catalog... cupcakes in this pan are very cute! 

1 comment:

Erica said...

i HAVE this same pan and can't wait to use it w/ this recipe. thanks lady! i'll break it out once i'm done w/ hawaii and living in the promised land.