Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Zucchini Bread

I made my mom's recipe for zucchini bread which I have always loved.  I think zucchini is a Utah thing- we put it in cake, bread, muffins, you name it. I substituted all the oil for applesauce. Applesauce + zucchini = very moist. But you know, it didn't turn out bad... I would probably make it again that way.
-1 cup sugar
-1 cup brown sugar
-3 eggs, beaten
-3/4 cup oil (or appleauce)
-2 cups zucchini, grated (I left the skins on and make sure you press out all the liquid!)
-3 tsp vanilla
-3 cup flour
-1 tsp salt
-1 tsp baking soda
-3 tsp cinnamon
-1/4 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp nuts (optional)

Combine the sugars, oil, and eggs. Beat until well blended. Add zucchini and vanilla. Gently spoon flour into cup to measure and combine with salt, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, and stir into creamed mixture. Blend well and add nuts. Pour into two greased loaf pans. Bake about 50 minutes at 350 degrees. 

4 comments:

anya said...

Wow... you are a such a good little baker Shan! Scott was BUGGING me for Zucchini Cake the other day! He LOVES it!

Miss you at the shower last night... we had fun!

Nicki said...

i love zucchini bread...so yummy and we could say it's healthy for us because it is a veggie, right?!

Julie said...

i'm so glad you poted this! i was just telling my dad the other day - that Chris Neidig had the best zucchini bread! now i just need to know how to make her granola!

seems like things are good in your neck of the woods! would love to see you next time you come in town.

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS on the new house! Jed and I have decided we want to become renters again! The on going upkeep of the house is getting old!

Tanner Family said...

Oh I love zucchini bread and its been so long since I have made it. Maybe this will inspire me!