My mom is famous for her baked beans, I whipped up my first batch for July 4th. Unlike most things I cook for the first time, they actually turned out pretty good. Here's the recipe:
-2 Tbs bacon drippings (I did not add this)
-1/2 cup chopped onion
-2 (1 lb) cans pork and beans
-3 Tbs brown sugar
-1 Tbs worcestershire sauce
-1 tsp mustard
-1/2 cup catsup
-1/4 chopped green pepper
Cook bacon till crisp, drain, reserving 2 Tbs. drippings. Crumble bacon. Cook chopped onion in drippings (I used Pam) till tender. Add with bacon two 1 lb. cans pork and beans, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, prepared mustard, catsup, and green pepper. Mix everything together and put in a serving dish (I 2 times the recipe and it fit in a 9 x 13 pan). Bake at 325 for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours.
5 comments:
This is the recipe for baked beans that I have too-the one my mom has always made for us. I LOVE IT!! SO YUMMY.
I was wondering if that was Hilton's recipe too for baked beans. It's a good one! Thanks for sharing it.
I rarely crave baked beans but I'ma thinkin' this looks REALLY good!! Thanks!!
I love that you always tweak for a healthier option!
I can't wait for you to see and play with Luke! It has been WAY too long!!! See you soon!
P.S. Any advise on obtaining a black dress for the wedding? Seen any cute ones lately?
Sounds yummy! I hope you are stocked up on plenty of Beano! :)
Post a Comment