Thursday, June 26, 2008

Swedish Nectarine Dessert

It's kind of hard to see the details of this dessert... but it is so good! My sister was out this last weekend and she has celiacs's (Em, are you glad I shared that detail over the blog?) Anyway, we were trying to be dessert creative and I remembered this dessert (thanks Natalie!)

-6 nectarines
-2 Tbs. sugar
-2 Tbs butter
-juice of one lemon
-1/2 c. roasted flaked almonds

Cut the nectarines in wedges. Melt the butter and sugar in a pan. Add the nectarines and lemon. Bring to a boil (sugar should be dissolved ~2 minutes) Mix in the almonds and serve over ice cream. 

6 comments:

Nicki said...

okay, that sounds soooo yummy! keep the dessert recipes coming!

Nicole said...

Oh that sounds delicious!! When did you become such a good cook??? I'd need all the help I can get in this area! So keep them coming!!
Julie gave me your blog address when I visited her a couple weeks ago! I'm so glad I can keep connected with you this way! xoxox

smithfam said...

It needs a big spoonful of chocolate on top to make that REALLY good!

Meier Family said...

That looks sooo good! Hope all is well!

anya said...

Looks delicious! Did Em also tell you about the halfway decent flourless peanut butter cookies I made the other week?

Nicole said...

Just letting you know I gave this a whirl last night! Other than I can't pick ripe fruit for the life of me it was very tasty! Thanks for the recipe!