Monday, June 30, 2008

Happenings With The Sister

My sister Emily came into town last weekend... and we had such a great time! I think its been YEARS since we have spent alone time together because I've lived away for so long. But I think this needs to be a yearly event! Here's what we did:

We started off in the city- we went to the jewelry mart and hung around Union Square. I found some awesome shoes at Anthro and Emily found the cutest sweater and purse in the whole world. I sported these sweet shoes to save my feet for the day. I know, its a hot look. And the best part? A homeless man says to us, "Look at those wild stallions." Wow, I never been referred to as a horse before... only in San Francisco.

Em experienced her first protein style in-n-out burger. Who needs the bun anyway?

The next day we headed to Santa Cruz... the weather was awesome! As we were walking back to our car at the end of the day we were walking in the bike lane which we were not aware of until a biker yells "Get out of the bike lane you *#@* mallards." Ok, why do people yell at other people and why did he call us ducks? I wish I had a picture of him.

Em crawled in this hole that these kids had spent 2 hours digging. And of course as she crawled out she collapsed one of the sides. Hilarious!

Cam and I playing around...

We walked all the way down the pier for some taffy... and then found out you could buy it on the boardwalk. Go figure...


The best part of the visit for me... Emily doing my dishes. I think I want a maid now.

Next up, the Alameda County Fair. The fair is quite the experience... doesn't Cam look like he is having a great time??

Why do the goat have no ears? It's a bit frieky looking!

The best part about the fair... the concerts! Teri Clark was awesome!


And Em completed her fair experience with a bull ride. The bull owners blared Toby Keith's "She's a hottie" over the speakers. Classic...

We loved having you Em, come back again!!

7 comments:

anya said...

Looks like a blast guys!!! We need to visit you too!?

When do we get to see more pics of the house??

Nicki said...

I'm glad you had a good time with your sister! Happy day! I love you guys...you always know how to have fun!

Nicole said...

Wow, you two are so beautiful! Its been years since I've seen Em. And I can't believe how much you guys look alike! So great to see these!!
Hey somehow I need to get your email so I can kind-of "talk" to you instead of just comments....
Here is mine stoddardfam_5@yahoo.com. Send me something so I atleast have it..thanks :)

Christine said...

"Hi its Emily. Why did you have to move? Our new teacher NEVER brings us any candy. We are going to the fair on Tuesday night if you want to go again. I miss you."

Another fun few days for the Rosenhans! That is hilarious about the biker calling you guys "ducks."

HalnJess said...

You guys are hotties! I love the WILD STALLION comment! haha! What a blast. Now we just need a shot of these shoes and purses. TOO CUTE!

Meier Family said...

How fun to have some "sister time"! Love that you got basically got called horses and ducks....go figure. You all look great and wish I was there instead of in this crazy humidity!

Erica said...

protein style is the ONLY way to go! glad you got out and about and were taking in lots of compliments from the sf homeless!