Sunday, February 24, 2008

I'm Done With Lemons

Here is the update on the lemon cooking... I know you are dying to know. I actually made 3 "things" with the lemons and I still have a giant bag left. Anyone want some lemons?? I was very dedicated to this project, considering I had to buy a strainer and a pie tin. 

Loved the lemon ricotta pancakes... very light and fluffy and easy to make. My kind of recipe! 
Don't try and guess what this is... its lemon curd. I've never bought or eaten this but Carolyn, the lemon giver, heard it was good. So as a thank you for the bag of lemons I made her the curd. Um... this required a strainer purchase and lets just say it might be easier to buy this stuff. On the other hand Carolyn said it was awesome and she saw it in a store for $8. Are you kidding?
I know.. I made a lemon meringue pie. But only because my mom was in town and I felt like it was time I learned how to make a pie... from the crust on up. Talk about a stressful process and no wonder people buy their pies at Thanksgiving. But homemade... um, um, good! 

1 comment:

smithfam said...

Look at you! You are Miss Beckie Home-Ecki! That bread looks so good. Why dont you post the recipe for us who are not as skilled in the kitchen as you.

You did a great job on your talk yesterday. :)