Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Visit From Mom

My mom came in town for the weekend and it was so fun! She was excited to get away from the snow in Utah and lucky for her... she came to Cali for the rain. Here's some of the highlights: 

Eating at El Nido in Danville.. although we like to call it El Stinko. Not because the food stinks but because you have to walk past by a very LARGE dumpster to get to the restaurant. Why would they place a dumpster there, are they trying to drive away business? However, we do have to credit Taylor, Addie, and Avery Aplanalp for coining the phrase El Stinko! 
My mom taught me how to cook hard things.. like pie and cinnamon bread. My mom is an awesome cook so I figured it was time I learned. Baking takes serious skill and involves washing many dishes (not my favorite). My mom is going to be stoked that I posted this picture of her in this robe thing. 

Me and Cam... 
We met up with Cameron's friend Amanda who was in town for the weekend. They were good friends back in their BYU days. 

8 comments:

eltribunal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eltribunal said...

I don't want you to think I am a stalker of you and Cam, but I have been reading your blog every day for the past 3 weeks. I almost feel like I am living my life with you guys....so please keep writing...

Tiffany said...

that cinnamon bread looks deeelicious! I made those yummy sweet potatoes from adrienne and they turned out so good. I just made the mashed potato part without the apples because that was just too much work for a monday meal, but maybe next time... I love your long hair by the way, it looks beautiful!

Tanner Family said...

Okay I wish I could eat that bread right off the page. Can your mom come and visit me, really your baking skills have totally improved!

Shannon and Cameron said...

Travis... you are obsessed. Why don't you send us a pic so we can post you on our blog? That would be awesome!!

Michelle said...

Now that you know how to make bread and pies, why don't we exchange. You bring those and Stephen will make all the rolls you want in any variety-orange, cinnamon, etc.

Heard you gave an awesome talk. We've been super sick around here and haven't even been to church for a while. Maybe this week.

Amanda said...

It was so fun to meet up with you guys... especially since you treated us to brunch! If you guys ever come out to visit us in Rochester, we'll be sure to return the favor! You can even bring a friend if you'd like ;)

Katherine Fajen said...

Cameron!
I can't believe you got together with Amanda...I remember those good old BYU days!