Friday, September 14, 2012

Summer's Over, Technically

It's a bit bittersweet when summer is over. Although it still feels like summer here so I don't know why I'm saying it's over. We're still night swimming and sweating all day long. I've loved this summer. As much as I love teeny babies, I've really liked my boys getting older. It's so fun to do activities with them and they just love to be out and about. 

This was probably our last beach trip of the summer. Some of my best beach memories: 
-Safeway sandwiches
-peanut butter M&M's ALWAYS for the car ride down, which begins around 9:30. 
-Weston STILL loves to be buried. He giggles and laughs the entire time... especially when Cameron does a "foot check."
-the boys still don't like the water. They will tolerate it for about 5 seconds if we are holding them in the water and then they both start to freak out. 
-Weston loves to play "the waves are getting you game"
-Holden gets what to do now at the beach. When we were in Hawaii about 4 months ago he kind of just held a shovel and grunted. Now he does his thing and he loves to dig in the sand. 
-being stuck in traffic one beach day, going home, cause their was an accident in the Santa Cruz mountains. Ugg. 
-the boys find and pet every dog on the beach
-Holden learned how to put on his own crocs
-the boys love to eat snacks the entire time at the beach. For sure Holden is scrounging around in the bag for a snack at any given second. Which then means everything in every bag is covered in sand, including all the snacks. At least he's consistent. 

Can't wait till next summer! 






2 comments:

Sara said...

Looks like fun! Some time we would love to join you.

anya said...

really great shots shan! my kids love the beach. wish we lived closer to one!