Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Rio Del Mar Beach

We've tried to hit up the beach a lot this summer and I'm starting to get a bit sad that summer is coming to an end. The boys love the beach, well, let me clarify. They love the sand, not so much the water. I hate the freezing water too so I guess I don't blame them. We met up with the Vilkin's and the boys had a blast. 

My highlight of the day was watching Holden eat his first Cheeto, which quickly led to his first bag of Cheetos. I think Weston was able to sneak a few but this kid had a death grip on the bag. I never want to forget how much this kid loves to eat. He's all about meals and snacks alllllll day long. 



Savoring every last bite. Mmmmm.

Digging and more digging and an ocean attempt with the dads.

The boys on the street are so into pretend play. We keep begging them to kick balls but it seems like all they want to do is make soup and cake. Soup/cake= putting every branch, leaf, rock, and piece of bark in site in a huge tupperware container. It's super exciting. At least they switched it up today at the beach.... here they are cooking up a batch of oatmeal. So no sports scholarships are in our future but hopefully a restaurant :)  

1 comment:

Mal said...

What is it with kids and piling junk into one place and calling it by some edible name? We were at the splash park yesterday with the Aubles and Paradises and for the last half hour all any of them did was pile junk into that dog bowl thing by the water fountain and call it soup.