Friday, August 26, 2011

Birdie House

Weston has a few favorite things these days: 
1. Saying "No" about 5000 times per day. 
2. Saying "What dat?"about 5000 times per day. 
3. Making birdhouses out of anything and everything. 

Number 1 is sooooo annoying. Number 2 I just deal with. And number 3 is just plain funny. It all started back in July when we were in Utah. Weston watched a Mickey Mouse where Goofy built a birdhouse for baby red bird. Apparently it impacted his life greatly because he's been building birdie houses ever since. He'll stack up a bunch of random stuff {toys, blankets, food, blocks, pillows, etc} and then tell us it's a birdhouse. He may have found his future profession. I found some cheapo birdhouses and figured he would love painting them. It was basically the best project in the world this week because he would spend hours painting the same spots over and over, refusing to paint the front. Toddlers are funny people. To say he loved it was an understatement.... 



Holden and I spent lots of hours this week chillin' at the counter with Weston. He's such a happy baby and I still love him even though he only takes (2) 30-minute naps each day. Oh how its driving me ca-razy!!!

The finished products.... Weston's obsessed.

6 comments:

Emily and Alan said...

Oh how I love his birdie houses...cutest thing ever! I bet he loved painting those.

Sara said...

oh how i love this!

Diana said...

cute cute cute! and hilarious that mickey has impacted his life so much. we love mickey at our house too. if i could pick a favorite show for millie (that she watchs for more than 30 seconds) it would be mickey.

anya said...

shan. this is hilarious. diana is me, anya. i am at work. diana must have been the last one to log into this computer at work. sorry!

Hilarry said...

Ok, I love this! Preston and I were just dying laughing at the paint job. He is my favorite of all time. It's so funny when kids get on kicks!

anya said...

did you know that that very episode was on the other morning... and all i could think of was Mr. Weston. Adorable!