We planned Weston's 1st birthday party in Utah because we were able to have both sides of our families there, plus some friends. Yay! It was so much fun to see everyone and we were so grateful to have everyone there.
The party went down in pirate style...

I kept the decor to a minimum since I was flying alone and I only have so many arms. My mom was awesome and helped me cook and get everything ready. I take no credit for the amazing BBQ beef sandwiches... those were all my mom.


We went a little over board on the desserts... but hey, it's a party. I grew up on home made cherry chocolate ice cream so that was a must. Mostly because my mom was there and I have no idea how to make homemade ice cream. 


My cute mom who helped me pull everything together.
This is pretty much the only shot I got of our family and friends. Sometimes I'm too busy taking pictures I forget to just enjoy the moment. I didn't want to do that at his party so I put the camera away. In my next life I'll have a photographer travel everywhere with me :)


Weston's cake turned out darling but the fondant made it impossible for him to dig into. Oops, didn't think of that.


He's such a toddler now... I can't stand it!

The is the "Ellie and Weston pose." {See the first one here}. I love them together and hopefully they'll get to see each other more often now!




8 comments:
Awe... I love the pics and the party is pretty awesome. :-) Happy Belated Bday Weston! Awesome job to you and your mom.
Are you kidding? This is your version of decor kept to a minimum? The banner is amazing and I can NOT believe the cake!!!
I want to cry that Weston is so big now! He is the yummiest boy ever!
I love love love that cake! It is so cute! did you make it? Also, I love those white square serving bowls the sandwiches went in. I love any kind of white serving dishes!
The party was a hit. It turned out great! I'm so glad you did it in Utah so we could be there.
Seriously, did you make that cake? Looks like I've got some serious Shannon skills to catch up on. The party looked amazing and the pictures are making me hungry for something sweet and homemade.
How cute is this party? Did you make that cake, hello its amazing! Looks you you guys had fun, happy birthday to Weston!
Loved the pirate theme. Wish I could impose that on Lucas for his 3rd birthday party... but I'll probably get stuck with Toy Story.
I did NOT make the cake... fondant is definitely not in my baking repertoire!! Jen from Sweeten Your Day made the cake. She is awesome and totally affordable!
http://sweetenyourday.com/
Post a Comment