Monday, October 5, 2009

Oh Deere

I'm narrowing down why Weston is crying:
1. Out of happiness for his John Deere boots that now fit
2. Out of sadness because now they almost don't fit




3. But I'm pretty sure he is crying over the stench of our car. Remember how I left chicken in the car overnight?? I threw the bag away thinking the smell would go away since nothing leaked. Yeah right, I'm not that lucky. After the car still stunk so bad, post throwing the bag away, we did some investigating. The culprit: chicken juice had leaked all under the carpet, dripped out of the car into the garage, and the spare tire was swimming in it. It stinks so bad that I might cry, scream, and then pass out. As a result... all things have been tried. Oxy clean, Tide, anti-bacterial spray, a rented carpet cleaner, vanilla extract mixed in water, onion, vinegar, and our own blood, sweat, and tears. We are soooo open for suggestions {except "buy a new car"}.

6 comments:

roylancemommy said...

oh my gosh! that totally stinks. (I didn't mean literally either!) I have no clue what to say about that. Hmmmm.... way cute boots though

Alexandria said...

Shannon I am dying right now! This is totally that Seinfeld episode where Jerry has to leave his car on the side of the road!!!

Jen said...

Try scrubbing it with "Simple Green". You can find it at Walmart usually. Try the diluted mixture it suggests first, but if it doesn't work I'd try a stronger dose.

My mom swears by the stuff. When I was little I remember that she used it to scrub spoiled milk out of her minivan and it totally worked. Your car will smell like Simple Green for a while but at least it won't smell like chicken.

Kristen said...

Try the Arm&Hammer fridge things. Just open it up and put it in your car. There are ones with suction cups so you can hang it on your back window and you don’t have to worry about it getting everywhere. It totally worked getting the stick out of our car (after a vomiting baby in 100 degree weather)

We miss you!!! and LOVE those boots!

Carolyn said...

Suggestion for the car: drive to Oakland, leave the keys in the ignition and the windows open. After the vehicle is stolen call your insurance agent and start making plans for your replacement vehicle!

Anonymous said...

Hogan scarpe are perfect for people who love to take trips in and out of the country or into the wilderness. These Hogan scarpe uomo are very fashionable and offer the utmost comfort. If you wish to go on vacation, then apparently you will be facing varied climates, your Hogan scarpe donna plays a crucial function in shielding your feet and hogan donna have a whole range of styles and designs which will suit your needs