Someone someday is going to thank me for this post. Because one day something this bad might happen to your car, or your friends car, and now you will have the solution. {Read this post to read the beginnings of the drama}. Here's what to do when your car smells like something has died in it due to a simple mistake {like leaving an entire Costco bag of chicken in your car to defrost and leak}.
DO NOT:
-Cut up an onion and leave it in your car... in just makes your car smell like the first horrid smell combined with onion.
-Use fabreeze. It does not work... it temporarily just covers up the smell, kind of.
-Mix vanilla extract and water and then spray it all over your car. It barely covers up the smell and then you have to wash all the plastic parts in your car down because they are covered in brown water droplets.
-Leave bowls of vinegar in your car. It is a bad combo. I now HATE the smell of vinegar.
-Rent a carpet cleaner and try and clean the carpets yourself. Save yourself the cash, find a coupon, and go to the car wash.
-Scrub the carpets with vinegar and water. This is a big no-no. It smells absolutely wrong and it will not go away.
After I scrubbed all the carpets with vinegar and water it was foaming up something fierce. It looked like you could have taken a bath in the foam and I literally had no idea how to make it stop. I headed to the car wash and was feeling really bad for the guys who were going to have to clean my car. I opened up my car door and said, "I have a problem." The guy goes, "Whooaaa, yes you do. " Nice.
So I got talked up a few packages and the men went to work. It seriously took about an hour and Weston was not excited about spending an hour at the car wash. I walked outside just as one of the guys cleaning my carpets walked by and sniffed his hands. Poor guy. That being said, the car wash guys know me now and said they have smelled worse. What could be worse?? I need to know.
They blasted my car really good with air freshener and it covered it up for a few days but the smell came back. That is when we ordered the Odor Bomb, thanks to the suggestion of an anonymous commenter. I mean, we had nothing left to lose. Waiting for the Odor Bomb to arrive was like waiting for Christmas; we could hardly wait.
And then it arrived. A huge box carrying such a small precious can.
I mean really, could this work?
We prepped the car. We took out anything that could be damaged by this small can. After all, the word bomb is in the title. Cameron pressed down the nozzle and we hurried and shut all the doors.
The can sprayed and sprayed all over the car for a minute or so. The bomb was doing its magic. We let it sit for 2 hours and then went to open the doors to let it air out. Warning: the smell of vanilla might knock you off your feet. But let's be honest, I'll take anything besides chicken and vinegar.
And I must say... its been over a week. It seriously worked. My car no longer smells like chicken, vinegar, or onion. The Odor Bomb works and this might be a miracle. Thank you anonymous commenter and thank you Odor Bomb.
{I almost forgot. Odor Bomb, you should call me. I'll be your spokesperson.}
9 comments:
I'll be a spokesperson too. We just had two set off in our apartment as one last attempt at finding a solution to the 2nd hand smoke problem that is seeping through our walls from our neighbors place.
It worked! For now anyway. We may need to do odor bombs every couple months but it beats moving.
Hilarious!!
oh shannon. what a relief. i will have to always remember that..."odor bomb" for bad situations.
YAY! Although, for the record, I thought your car smelled good. And I'm kinda sad the smelly car saga has ended...It was my favorite never ending story!
Jeff is happy that it worked for you. Turns out he was the mystery commenter.
Jeff: You are kidding. That is hilarious.
That's awesome. Sure beats buying a new car. Hopefully I'll never have to encounter anything like that.
Do you remember when the cat food went into the vent of your purple neon and smelled real bad for the remainder of our Snow college career? We could have used the odor bomb then for sure!
Our websites have the widest louis vuitton handbags collections that will effortlessly match your outfits. These Louis vuitton bags will help you feel more self-assured, especially during occasions where you need confidence the most. Some people might say that louis vuitton bag are too expensive for what louis vuitton seem to offer.
Post a Comment