I have tons of phyllo dough leftover from a pot pie recipe that I tried {and hated}. Personally, I think phyllo dough is better for dessert... so I found my inspiration here and made little apple turnovers. They were delish, made on a whim, and super easy.
I stacked 3 sheets of phyllo dough and cut them in fourths. I used my apple cutter to slice a granny smith apple and cut 1 slice into tiny chunks. I piled on the apples, a tiny bit of butter, cinnamon, sugar, and brown sugar and folded the dough over to make a triangle. On the top I put a little butter, cinnamon, and sugar. I cooked them at 375 degrees for 20 minutes and served them with ice cream. These are totally part of my new post-baby diet.
3 comments:
I just tried to make a pot pie last week and wasn't a huge fan either. I think Marie Callender's makes a tastier pot pie than what I put out. I made my own crust though and didn't use phyllo dough. For some reason though a turnover sounds delicious right about now. I shall have to buy some phyllo dough.
You are quite the domestic diva!
I have a totally yummy pot pie recipe. I got it at a cooking class I went to many moons ago. If you want it let me know....
Our websites have the widest louis vuitton handbags collections that will effortlessly match your outfits. These Louis vuitton bags will help you feel more self-assured, especially during occasions where you need confidence the most. Some people might say that louis vuitton bag are too expensive for what louis vuitton seem to offer.
Post a Comment