Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Colorado Springs

We spent last week with Cameron's company in Colorado Springs. Although I think it is more appropriately called FREEZING Springs. We stepped off the plane and it was 30 degrees... I thought I was going to die.

Poor little Weston got windburn on his cheeks and spent most of his week looking like this:

He has grown to love that orange sweatshirt since that is the only warm thing I brought for him. Maybe I should have thought about that?? But he was the perfect baby and I couldn't have been more grateful.

We stayed at The Broadmoor and that place is beautiful... inside and out. I couldn't stop taking pictures of the place and I think Colorado almost won me over. It's GORGEOUS.





I loved the decor, wallpaper, and woodwork throughout the resort and rooms.

Every room had a unique chandelier. Some were elegant, some were rustic, and some were just shiny and beautiful.

I discovered that chandeliers are like bouncy chairs {aka babysitters}. I need one. One day Weston looked at the one in our bedroom for about 45 minutes.

But who wouldn't coo looking at this thing?

Our time was spent with his awesome co-workers and spouses, eating at fun restaurants, the spa, golfing, the pool, and game night.

Game night is a tradition with his company. We all gather each night to play

guitar hero,

compete in ping-pong tourney's,

chat,

and this year we rode segways. Don't be fooled, these are a bit complicated in the beginning. I'm done making fun of the tourists in S.F. because I'd be so stressed out to go on a tour of the city on one of these. I would probably get hit by a tour bus. That being said, segways are super fun... they must be tried.


Luckily the last day it warmed up to about 60 degress and we were able to walk around and spend some time outside. We had such a fun time and we love spending time with Cameron's co-workers.


5 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so glad that CO almost won you over. A couple more trips and you'll be sucked in. It would be so fun to have you guys live here, think about it.

Ryan said...

Your hair looks cute in this shot, and is that stroller part deux?

Shannon and Cameron said...

Brooke: It's the travel stroller. Must have. It folds up into this tiny little square. Incredible. Warning, just because it's small doesn't mean its light to all throughout the airport. Pretty sure my shoulder is still broken.

Emily and Alan said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun despite the freezing weather. And that hotel looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Among all the erectile dysfunction drugs discovered till date Viagra remains the undisputable king as the Viagra UK has been proved immensely capable of working against male impotency blue pill have wreaked havoc in the life of millions of males across the world.