Tuesday, March 27, 2012

St. Patty's Day {2012}

I'm seriously obsessed with holidays and kids. I die over telling Weston about a tradition, watching his eyes light up, listen to him talk about it for weeks in anticipation, and then watch his excitement the day of. Right after Valentines Day I told him about St. Patty's and that a naughty leprechaun may come to our house and do silly things. One day I said, "He might even turn our milk green." Every morning after that he'd say, "I don't like green milk, I don't like leprechauns." I would die laughing inside and then we would talk about the trap we would make to try and catch him. I love how kids are soooooo repetitive and how they literally can talk about the same things day after day. Anyhow, we made our trap and Weston was so into it. I tin foiled our box and Weston was in charge of all the gluing and arranging of the shamrocks and stickers. He's getting so independent {cue the happy and sad tears}

I asked him what he wanted to bait the leprechaun with. No doubt he chose a Joe-Joe. I may even run under a tin foiled box for a Joe-Joe. 

St. Patty's eve....

Our lil' leprechaun made an appearance in our house that night and he was up to no good! 




Looks like our Joe-Joe did the trick.... 

but no leprechaun.... only gold. 

I'm obsessed with this picture because it captures Holden perfectly.... shoving everything into his mouth and then gagging/choking on it. Happy St. Patty's! 

5 comments:

Sara said...

You are seriously freakin' cute! Will you come be a holiday mom for my kiddos? Heck, what am I saying? Will you come be a holiday mom for me???

Michelle said...

Love what you did. We've never done a trap before. Maybe next year. I love your footprints.

anya said...

This is adorable. Love it! You are the most fun mom EVER!

Unknown said...

i just showed lucas these pictures... he was mystified! He asked me if we could catch a leprechaun too next year!

Alexandria said...

Shannon!
I love your boys! They are getting so big and beyond cute! Can I please join your family.. You guys have so much fun!
I also vote you to be the next Martha Stewart.