Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Holden: 10 Months

Funny story. I took Holden to his 9 month appointment a little stressed because he wasn't eating solids all that great and was still waking up during the night still. Doctor says, "Tell me about the solids he's eating. " Bad mom says, "Oh, just a few bites of pureed foods. He refuses them but he doesn't have teeth so I can't give him anything else." Dr. says, "Babies gums can do it all... give him food." Convo was a bit longer and a bit more awkward and embarrassing.... but the bottom line is that Holden actually can eat, he loves real food, he's actually kind of a piggy and he might eat more than Weston. Although he might be making up for lost time since I was probably starving him to death for a couple of months forcing him to drink formula and eat pureed foods that he hates. Oh yeah, now that he eats real food he sleeps through the night. Ahhhh, to be a second time mom and act like you know nothing. 

Holden's cruising all around, standing on his own, pulls himself up on everything, and I swear might walk when I have my back turned. He loves to wrestle with his dad and brother, loves dogs and cracks up when you pant like a dog, and he loves music class. He starts swaying and babbling the second he hears music. He loves to eat bark and rocks and is obsessed with being outside. He's kind of a momma's boy and I love it. I would love it even more if he liked to snuggle up to me but no dice... he still refuses. He just had his third ear infection and he loves when you trot like a horse and make a clicking sound with your tongue. Looks like I need a pet around here to take care of all this animal play. 



4 comments:

Mistie said...

i hear you. i sware i ask my pediatrician questions like i am a first time mom sometimes, when this is my third time doing it. hahaha. don't feel dumb...i am sure they hear worse. :)
i can't believe how old/big he is looking!!
I think him and Weston totally have different looks...but both so stinkin handsome!

anya said...

holy crap! he looks so old standing up like that!

Jen said...

Such a big boy! You guys sure make handsome little men!

Emily and Alan said...

Those pictures of him standing are adorable!