We've been hearing how awesome the children's museum is in Sausalito so we day tripped it over the bridge to check it out. It did not disappoint. I'll never forget how gorgeous the city is on a crystal clear blue skied day. Today was one of those days. We've been reading Weston this book so he can start to learn the names about the things we see when we go into the city. He was sooooo excited to see the red Golden Gate bridge and then drive across it. Then of course you go through the tunnel into Sausiltio and you would have thought we'd given him a million bucks. Why do boys love bridges and tunnels so much?? He was in heaven to say the least.
The museum was the most incredible place and the views were spectacular. They had some of the most unique and interesting activities and half of the museum was outside. Not a shabby view when you can watch your kid play while checking out the bay and the Golden Gate bridge. Both of the boys had so much fun exploring.
Big decisions were to be made..... what ingredients should go in the veggie soup?
I'm dying how grown up they are they are getting. I'm especially dying that Holden is going to be running after Weston is such a short amount of time. He's buzzing all around and loves to explore everything {although I must say he's much tamer than Weston was}.
Cameron and I started our "Sausalito tradition" I think about 5 years ago. We rode bikes across the bridge and ended up in Sausilito. We had burned so many calories riding across the wind tunnel bridge that we only felt it was right to reward ourselves with burgers and fries from Hamburgers and then ice cream.
Look at us.... child free and skinny. Sigh.
Anyhow, the tradition has stuck and we only eat at Hamburgers and we only eat across the street while we watch the boats. I seriously said to Cameron this trip, "Maybe we should try a different place to eat in Sauslito." He said, "No way, you don't break traditions. " Good point.







3 comments:
That museum is legit! Glad you went, it's pretty cool! Looks like you all are having so much fun and looking good!
this looks amazing! can we go there when we visit one day....
I love these pics! Makes me miss that city so badly. But most of all, love that you called Holden "tame". Miss you!
Post a Comment