We were going to head into the city on Christmas Eve but the kids weren't feeling that great... I needed to know where bathrooms were at all moments so the city was out. Next best place.... Bass Pro Shop :) That place is actually awesome and we had so much fun looking around, visiting Santa, doing the Santa activities, shooting guns, etc. etc.
Our fondue Christmas Eve tradition got scratched with too many upset stomachs so I made Ina's Tomato Soup on cinnamon rolls. Soup is a fav around our house so it was a hit. Then we did all the fun Christmas Eve things: puppet nativity, opened a few gifts, watched the Grinch, read Christmas stories, and set out cookies for Santa. It was so fun seeing how excited Weston was.
Our elf, Dido, brought our Christmas jammies December first so they could wear them all month. Tonight they opened their ornaments. A truck for Weston and a baby in a stocking for Holden.
I think the part about Christmas that fascinated Weston the most was that Santa was going to eat the cookies he left out on the plate. He seriously couldn't stop talking about it. His nightly conversation throughout the month went something like this. "Santa down chimney, eat cookie, apple for rudolph, presents in stocking, go Brayden's house, go Evan's house, fly away."
Cameron and I loved our Santa duties.... except for when I decided to finish up the tee-pee Santa was giving the boys and was sewing and spray painting till 2 am. Sigh. We watched Christmas movies and Cameron dozed in and out of conscience on the couch.
I made a bunch of ornaments this year which was really fun. Our tree evolved over the month and I loved how it turned out. I have a lot more to add so I'm seriously working on things through 2012 so by December 1st our tree will start full!
Sequin ornaments here
and the garland here.
Can't wait till Christmas morning!







1 comment:
ooohhhh! I love your tree, ornaments, and gifts! really cute shannon!
Post a Comment