Thursday, December 1, 2011

Dido

I'm so excited for Christmas this year because Weston pretty much gets it. I think a few things got a little unclear when I mentioned the flying reindeer and chimneys. Then we started talking about Santa and how he brings presents to good little boys. I asked him what he wanted, figuring he wouldn't really have a response. No, no, I was wrong. He immediately said, "Backhoe loader, garbage truck, train, digger, firetruck." Clearly he gets the present part. 

We read our elf on the shelf book last night and introduced him to his new elf friend that is going to be watching his every move. I was explaining how we needed to give him a name and was giving him a few ideas.  He said no to everything and then he finally said, "Elf Dido." Not quite what I envisioned but I am hoping that Dido is our miracle cure for tantrums. I had to laugh today when he said, "Dido, drinking milk tell Santa good boy." Hilarious. 

1 comment:

anya said...

We love the.elf on the shelf tradition at our house! In fact that is what I was going to get your boys for cmas until I found out u already had it!