A couple of weekends ago we packed a lunch and headed to Stow Lake. The plan was to rent an electric boat since we thought that would be the easiest with the kids. Well.... they didn't have them ready so we went to plan B and ended up in a row boat. It seriously could have been disastrous but we ended up having the best time. I was just seriously happy we didn't capsize the boat and that we made it around the entire lake with both kids still in the boat. Miracle.
Weston was in heaven looking all around and he loved walking from one side of the boat to the other.
The lake was full of turtles and ducks and you could row up really close to them. There were so many turtle babies swimming; I loved it!
Weston mostly loved throwing our sandwiches in the water for the ducks and seagulls to eat.
Seriously, look at Weston's face.
Little Holden was a champ and only broke down in tears the last 5 minutes. I think it got a little too hot for him.
Cameron was the rowing champ while I manned the kids. Not sure which was harder...
until I tried to row. In a circle. While Cameron laughed. Lesson learned: rowing is harder! We had a blast... we'll be back again!








2 comments:
LOVE Stowe Lake. I used to live right near there. We need to take the boys there since we haven't done it for years.
looks like so much fun!! love the turtles. good job keeping the boys dry!
Post a Comment