Sunday, June 27, 2010

First Cake

Weston is getting his first birthday party in Utah next week... so we didn't do anything major on his big day. We went to farmers market and did all the usual farmer's market things. I seriously have never been to a better farmers market than Livermore. I'm so going to miss those buckwheat chicken pesto crepes. Anyhow, Weston loved it and we ran into tons of people we knew so that was fun.

Weston had sugar waaaayyyyy before he turned one. I'm a bad mom. In my defense though, Cameron is always sneaking him chocolate chip cookies, not me!! BUT.... he has not had red velvet cake. I felt better about waiting to pump him full of red dye till he turned one. So without further ado... his first taste of cake.

He was very unclear about what to do with the sticky frosting he got on his hand while trying to grab the candle.

He looked at the cupcake for a good few minutes before he would even touch it and then it was only with a finger.

Then he thought it was pretty fun to dump it over, just like every other thing he touches.

Finally a mouthful. And then he was done. done. done. Not quite sure what his thoughts are on red velvet cake? All I know is that it took me a good 20 minutes to clean up, yet totally worth it.

My baby is now a toddler!! We love you more than ever... Happy 1st birthday!

1 comment:

Mistie said...

What a sweetheart. love the suspenders and his first cake. first birthdays are the best!