Saturday, March 13, 2010

Lamp: Before And After

I had my heart set on this lamp from Z Gallerie but I couldn't bring myself to fork out the cash for a lamp... a lamp that will probably get pulled off the table 100 times by a baby.

I typically don't have old stuff lying around the house {because I'm so the opposite of a pack rat}. For some reason I had held onto this lamp base and was using it my very sad and barren guest room. The old lamp shade had already been donated to good will. I searched high and low for a white lamp shade and my last option was Lamps Plus. Apparently I should have shopped there first because I scored a $12 clearance shade that was perfect. {And don't judge my horribly taken photos in the dark.}

Before:
And after:


Spray paint is officially my new best friend. And have you tried Fabri-Tac? That glue is amazing... the ribbon attached in seconds flat and it looked so smooth and good.

2 comments:

Hilarry said...

That looks SO good! You are amazing!

So we're moving in a couple months (two to be exact!) and I need to enlist your decorating services. I also need mucho spray painting advice!! You are the master! I see a budding career in your future....

Mistie said...

impressive, as always. and can you teach me how NOT TO BE a pack-rat?!

one day when i start my own projects- i will have to look back on your blog to remind myself about your spray-painting and glue technique/ideas.