Monday, March 8, 2010

Windows: Before and After

It was bittersweet when they started to build the house next to us a few weeks ago. Sweet because we love new neighbors and bitter because now we live in a cave. If I get any sort of natural light in my day I'm sure its because it is somehow reflecting off the giant two story roof next to use. Anyhow... this is not the point.

The roman shades had to come down. Not only because I hate them and I'm changing my colors; but they also block too much light. I also needed to find a cheap window treatment because that was one place I definitely didn't want to spend a lot of money. The pelmet box was a cheap and easy solution and I like how it turned out.

The before...

And after...

{Pelmet box tutorial found here, fabric by Waverly}

6 comments:

Angie N said...

Domestic Diva! I LOVE your new window treatment! It looks beaute! I can't believe how easy the tutorial explained how to make them as well. Another job very well done :)

Emily and Alan said...

I love it! You did fabulous. Can't wait to see pictures of everything.

Tara said...

blog surfer here...are you getting rid of the old shades? would you be willing to sell? i LOVE that fabric!

Tara said...

oh and here's my email:

taramarieoliver@yahoo.com

thanks!

anya said...

Shan... Can I hire you to make some new shades for my kitchen makeover? LOVE the new shades and the old actually, but the new are more bright. I like it!

Tiffany said...

they look great! I love the green on the end table too! how many cans of spray paint did it use? just curious because i am a terrible spray painter and I think my problem may be I don't use enough?