Saturday, March 20, 2010

Dining Table & Chairs: Before And After

You know the projects you start and then you DREAD working on them because it is such a pain?? Meet my dining room chair nightmare. Not that it was really that hard... it was just super time consuming and took up every nap time for weeks! And then after it was done I spent another couple of nap times cleaning up all the spray paint in my garage. That was a real treat, let me tell you.

The #1 lesson learned in this project: sand the original wood. But... I love the end results so I'd do it again.

Dining table and chairs before:

And then I scoured Craigslist and ended up with this arrangement:

Dining table and chairs after I had my way with them:


One of the chairs didn't fit at the table {because of the high chair} so it's just hangin' out by the wall.
{Krylon Oxford Blue Spray Paint... and lots of it}

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

Looks great! You really need to post pix that show the entire space now. Where are the barstools? Do you still have the same sectional?

Jen said...

So cute! You do such a great job on all your "home making" crafts.

MAEH said...

Nice work! I like the fabric you chose for the seats!

Michelle said...

I love the blue. What did you do with the original table and chairs? Maressa V has been searching ebay and Craiglist for that set for months now with no luck!

Shan and Cam said...

Michelle: No way! I wish I had known. I sold it on Craigslist... it sold the same day I posted. Tell Maressa sorry!!

anya said...

Super cute Shan! I am way impressed!

Anonymous said...

Hogan scarpe are perfect for people who love to take trips in and out of the country or into the wilderness. These Hogan scarpe uomo are very fashionable and offer the utmost comfort. If you wish to go on vacation, then apparently you will be facing varied climates, your Hogan scarpe donna plays a crucial function in shielding your feet and hogan donna have a whole range of styles and designs which will suit your needs