Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Prep

I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year {gulp}. Considering that I've never made anything to do with Thanksgiving meal... it should be interesting. Say a prayer for my guests.

Anyhow... I bought my first turkey and roasting pan, rounded up some great recipes, divvied up some of the cooking {because I'm not going to screw up on the rolls or pies}, and now I've moved onto the important things... the place settings and table decorations.


Burlap table runner inspiration here.
Place cards from here.
And I love the fabric I used for the napkins but I'll NEVER make my own napkins again. What a pain. If I added up the cost for the fabric and my time I could have bought 50 napkins instead of having 6 homemade ones.

8 comments:

Ryan said...

Wow, looks so cute! Can't wait to see pics!

Jen said...

The napkins are fantastic. Sorry they were a pain but I love the fabric! Good luck with your first hosting, I'm sure it will all be tasty.

anya said...

Looks amazing already Shan! I hope Turkey Day is fab!

Amanda said...

I love it. I wish I had a reason to deck out my home for Thanksgiving, but we're never here. I've only made Thanksgiving turkey once and it was honestly the best turkey I've ever had. The secret was the overnight brine in an ice water, salt and other spices solution. Then I used a Ina Garten recipe where you stick thyme and lemon zest butter under and on top of the skin of the turkey. Not the cleanest of methods, but it was oh so delicious! And we didn't even have to baste it.

Just to add to your collection:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/perfect-roast-turkey-recipe4/index.html
(oh and on this it said to melt the butter but on her show it was room temperature)

Hilarry said...

Never have I seen ANYTHING so cute!!! You are so talented!!! I can't believe you went to all that trouble. The napkins are amazing and I love the little place cards. You're awesome!

I can't wait for this weekend. We are going to have the best time! Makeovers, shopping, eating, and New Moon! And I haven't forgotten about the store that only sells cream puffs....

andreaslc said...

wow Shan seriously who are you? 10 or even 5 years ago I never would have pictured you doing this stuff :) You're so cute.

Carolyn said...

Don't you mean that you actually bought your first and second turkeys? (teeheehee!) Still hoping for a possible "fly-by" ... will keep you all posted.

Anonymous said...

Finally remember that you can get one louis vuitton of the most recognizable louis vuitton bag in the world with a louis vuitton handbags . You do not have to pay full price because there are online option available to you. A good option would be to find someone who is in need of selling Louis vuitton bags because they need the money.