Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving {2009}

We had Cameron's mom, Preston (brother), and Hilarry (sis-in-law) here for Thanksgiving. We had such a fun weekend and we are all pretty sure we don't need to eat again for at least a month. Holidays are bad news.

As for Thanksgiving... I'm not going to say that I loved dealing with a 22-pound raw turkey. Doing the pre-turkey prep made me consider going vegetarian for a few seconds. Gross. But the finished bird was pretty dang good.

Preston gave Cameron a few carving lessons which didn't go over too well considering our VERY dull knives.

We went buffet style to serve the food mainly because I didn't want to wash all the serving bowls. Lazy, I know. The food was delish and all the recipes I tried out were successes {lucky for me}. A few of my favorites were the cranberry sauce and gravy. Weird, I know... but I usually hate both of those but I liked them this year.





My "what are you grateful for" response was easy this year...

The rest of the weekend was spent hanging out in the city {deets here}, shopping, golfing, going to movies {Blindside was so good and New Moon was NOT}, playing games, watching football, and watching more football. I'll be fine if I don't hear and/or watch another football game till I make my next turkey {which might be never}.

1 comment:

Joe, D.D.S. said...

I had the same thought about going vegetarian while doing the raw turkey. I think I pulled out a piece of remaining guts and the the insides squeezed out. Then I was told to look in the other end to pull out the heart and liver. I'm thinking, "I'm supposed to look in the turkey's butt to find it's heart?"