Thursday, April 16, 2009

Seeing Stripes

It's my spring break and I'm nesting. My list is so long and enormous that all I can do is think about is how I'm never going to get that impossible list done. I think it is making me a bit cranky {other people might say, "It is REALLY making me cranky and crazy."} 

So I started with The Boy's room and a vision. Of course to recreate the vision I had to recruit Brooke... that girl has got mad skills. Moving into this house has opened my little closed eyes to DIY projects and I would have to say my painting has improved about 100%. It was pretty awful before.  Cameron totally has the rolling thing down and this room is our best work yet. Anyhow... Brooke and I did the stripes yesterday.

Here's how we started: 






And here's how we ended. 


Love you Brooke... thanks for spending your whole day painting with me.

7 comments:

Nicki said...

I LOVE IT! It turned out great and now it's done and you don't have to worry about it anymore! I can't wait to see the whole room!

Ryan said...

THAT WAS SO FUN! I heart stripes and I can't be stopped. I'm going to have to erase that memory of me asking you "So do we get to paint your house before you move the furniture in?" and you said "Heck, no! Every inch of that house is painted and I'm not touching it." My how you've grown.

anya said...

That is so stinkin' cute I can't stand it!!!! Way to go ladies! Can't wait to see the whole nursery completed!

Amanda said...

Oooh, I love it! Your little guy is going to have such a posh little pad! I thought I got all creative with 2 colors, but I'm really digging what you guys did.

Michelle said...

Love love love it! Wanna come do it now in my boys rooms?

Sara said...

i am a loser! jake's walls are white. maybe you will inspire me. i love the paint job! i can't wait to see more pictures as the room progresses.

Shannon said...

That looks Awesome!!