Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Little Things

You know when you look back on a week and say to yourself, "Whoa... I can't believe that just happened?" I had one of those... 

-Monday I found out I need surgery (who ever said having a baby is easy??)
-Tuesday and Wednesday I spent the day at more Dr.'s appointments prepping me for surgery.
-Thursday I found myself wearing this hot purple gown and getting sliced open. 
-Surgery went well and I spent the night in the maternity ward. I heard a woman delivering her baby (that didn't sound pretty) and I saw lots of cute little people all swaddled and warm. 
-Friday I checked out. I have been hobbling around since trying not to use any body part that is close to my stomach for fear of pain. I have failed doing this, pain is inevitable.  
-Sat. we had tickets to Wicked for Valentines Day with the Brinton's. I informed my Dr. (pre-surgery) that I would only have surgery on the 12th if I could go to Wicked on the 14th. After looking at me like I was crazy he said I could go. Let's just say I looked like an idiot hobbling around SF but I went and it was awesome. 
-When you no longer can bend over, get into bed, or do anything you are used to... you always remember the little things you are grateful for. I could now make a list a hundred pages long... but my baby is doing great, he's still a boy,  and my husband is the best. And for that, I'm most grateful. 

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I am so glad that it all turned out okay. You are amazing!!!!

Erica said...

whew. thanks for the update.

Josie said...

k, you can't just say you are having surgery and not explain why...?! DuH!
what happend??????????????