Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Summer Lovin'

I love my 3 week summer break where I don't have to see any kids. Not that I don't love my job, but lets be honest, I need a break. I'm down to 2 jobs (from 4) and I like to be really lazy. Some days I  go to yoga and then I lay on the couch. I feel really guilty the whole time but not guilty enough to get up. But then I unfortunately remember I have homework for my last online class (hooray) and then I want to cry because instead of watching HGTV I get to watch videos and take tests. And then Niki saves the day and we craft. I have never crafted a whole day and I think I might like it. We found this awesome artist, Lorena Siminovich, who sells great art to Anthropologie for $104.00.  Niki and I made ours for $5.00 + the cost of frames. I just love a good deal. 

Ms. Siminovich's $104.00 art:




My $5.00 art: 

And you really must see them in real life... its so much better then the picture! 

9 comments:

Joie said...

That's very cool. I wonder if I can make a pillow cover myself like the one I love from Anthropologie. :)

Brittany Simmons said...

wow- i am thoroughly impressed! if you have time i'd love you to email me and let me know how you did it. super cute!

HalnJess said...

Those are awesome! Did you sew them on? You'll have to share your secrets! i'm very impressed - etsy shop coming soon???

Shannon said...

I love those. You have to help Brooklyn and I make those when you come here to visit....whenever that me be.:)

DMV47 said...

Hi Shannon! My good friend laviejoie sent me Charlie and Tim's blog, (my daughter also has autism) which led me to yours:) I see we also have a common thread: teaching. Enjoy the rest of your vacation! Great pics, by the way.

smithfam said...

3 weeks with no kids???? Where do I sign up?????????
You are just turning into a very crafty lady. Does it hurt to be so dang clever?????

Catherine said...

Your pictures look great! You've got some serious talent!
I love reading your blog, by-the-way. You've always got something fun up your sleeve :0)

Hope you are well!

HalnJess said...

Ok, we need to combine forces. We should have a group craft like once a month or once every other month. What do you think? We would LOVE to hook up with you girls!

We have to start planning holidays now! (And Christmas gifts)

Seriously - let's talk!

Erica said...

wow. super cute! send me the deets on how to do this!