Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Dirty Delta

Boating in the dirty Delta is the best... but sadly we have been neglecting out boating adventures this summer (compared to last) due to our home renovation projects. But last weekend we all put those projects to a rest and went out on the Hall's boat... appropriately named Uno Mas. We had a blast and the weather was beautiful.

The girls... Tessa, Nicki, me, and Brooke

The Uno Mas owners... Brooke and Jason

Tessa is trying to decide if she likes wearing this cute red life jacket. 

Jason rocked, as usual, wake surfing. 

Look at Cam jumping the wake... he is definitely getting good. And just for the record- he is landing 180's now. 


Jason was determined to conquer the wake surfing his first day trying it. He was close... 


My philosophy once I'm up is "Do anything you can to stay up." So that means don't go over the wake. I like it like that. 

Brooke is really like a pro. Let's see... she gets up her first try, jumps wakes, and only falls because she is too tired to hold on anymore. Yes, she is good. 


Niki was awesome... and escaped the trip with only a minor injury. C'mon Niki... it doesn't really hurt when you get nailed in the head with a surf board.

4 comments:

anya said...

Looks like a blast!!!! I wish I could get up wakeboarding... I guess I am just a skiing kinda of gal!

Can't wait to see you guys next week! :)

Michelle said...

We went to the Delta yesterday. I just ignore the dirty water and enjoy it because I love being out on a boat so much. Unfortunately for me this summer, there's no skiing, wakeboarding or surfing. Kind of sad. But watch out next year-I'll be back in business. And good for all of you for taking a day off from all those house projects. You just gotta do it sometimes or else you'll never have any fun.

HalnJess said...

When we go skiing, Kya always asks if we're going to the "green water" place. haha! Love the delta. So gross. Nice job surfing! I've yet to try it - looks like a blast!

And, for the record, Michelle just keeboarded 9 months prego - ok, yes, we were going about 8 mph - it was dang funny.

Amanda said...

I feel the same way about wakeboarding. I get up, and then it's like "alright, let's see how long I can stay up" and I bore everyone in the boat to death. That explains why I haven't done it in years.