Sunday, December 30, 2012

Weston: 3 1/2 Years

These past 6 months have been so fun. Weston's language has picked up some speed and we've been able to hear what's been cookin' in that funny brain of his. Weston is still crazy obsessed with his puppy  and blue blankie. Lately he likes to play "babysitter" where I babysit his dog and he gives me a list of tasks like changing diapers and burping him. Um, don't I do that enough and now I'm doing it to a toy dog?? He still loves to play pretend and has a really creative imagination when it comes to his play and things he likes to do. Books still are ones of his favorite things. He likes to multi-task when I'm reading to him by looking at another book. He's been loving preschool, loves playing with his "buddies," {especially Brayden}, loves working on "projects," loves to help me cook/bake, he's obsessed with sword fighting with his dad and brother, and  loves to eat healthy. He's on a junk food kick where if I offer him a sweet he'll say, "No thanks, I don't like junk food and daddy shouldn't drink Diet Coke." It's seriously hilarious. He's all boy when it comes to his toys: trains, cars, trucks, guns, making shooting sounds, fighting, putting people in jail, and running things over with his trucks. I'm mentally preparing for three of them to be playing like this one day. We love you Weston! 

4 comments:

Sara said...

So cute!

Mal said...

Hahahaha! The babysitting and the "daddy shouldn't drink diet Coke" are killing me! Oh my gosh, that is so funny! My favorite part of this age is when they say things that are completely non sequitur--they just pop up completely without prodding! It's the best.

Emily and Alan said...

He really has the best imagination of any kid I know. I love him!

anya said...

What a kid!!! "daddy shouldn't drink diet coke!" baahhhhaaaa!