Sunday, June 24, 2012

Weston: 3 Years

These past 3 years have been so much fun and they've gone way too fast... although I'm really enjoying Weston being more and more independent. I keep telling him that I want him to stop growing and he replies with, "No, I want to get bigger and bigger and bigger like daddy." Cue the sobs. Sometimes I miss getting to spend 1:1 time with him because it's in those quiet moments where he'll just talk and talk and tell you all the little things in his head. Some of his interests are trains, railroad crossing signs, anything construction, digging holes, playing cake man or pizza man {pretty much anything pretend}, building tunnels, and being with his friends. He and his friends love to play pretend and they're always making a big batch of soup outside {water in a huge tupperware container full of leaves and bark}. He's learning how to say prayers by himself {"Dear Heavenly Father, bless our food, amen"} and he never strays from these 3 lines. Potty training is coming along {ever so slowly} but we're getting there. His favorite thing in the whole world is his puppy dog who's he's named Baby and his blue blanket which he calls blue blanky. He absolutely loves books- he'll sit and look at books on his own and would have 100 books a day read to him if it worked out. I love you Weston... it's been the best 3 years. 

Weston had a big construction birthday party a couple of days before his birthday. On his birthday we had a family party and he chose ice cream cake. Watching him blow out these candles was sooooo  extremely funny. That green candle just wasn't going to give up and neither was Weston. 





8 comments:

Carly said...

Those pictures of Weston blowing out his candles are priceless! I can't believe he is already 3. This means we need to hang out, and soon. Miss you guys!

Tara said...

oh my word these pictures KILL ME!

Sara said...

oh my heck!!! LOVE the pictures of Weston. The look on his face...hillarious!!

Mal said...

hahahaha those faces are AWESOME. Happy birthday Weston!

andreaslc said...

ooooohhhhhhh my gosh these pics are hilarious. Love that little guy!

anya said...

i am DYING over these pictures Shan! So cute! Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

Michelle said...

LOVE those pictures. The intensity just kills me.

MAEH said...

Okay, this sequence of pictures made my day...thank you! That is the best!