Thursday, April 5, 2012

Neighborhood Egg Hunt {2012}

It's nuts to think how long we've lived in the neighborhood. Four years. I think it's the longest I've lived anywhere in the past 10 years. I started getting all sentimental when I was looking back at our past neighborhood egg hunts {first, second}. Each year we've kind of dwindled in numbers as Weston and I formed closer friends. I guess living away from family you really and truly hope you find close friends to fill the family-less void. It makes me so grateful to have met friends that I would call my family. I hold these memories close because they've been some of the best. 

We're missing Ava, Conner, and Ronan but the boys were ready to roll. 
{Weston, Brayden, and Evan}

This picture is what I lovingly refer to as "this is what happens when you're the second child." Suzanne and I were so busy running around with the other boys that we didn't even know they were crying. Michelle's mom clued us in that our crying babies were being ignored. Poor babies.... but it really might be the greatest picture ever. 

It really was a bad combo of wanting to be held and then being placed on the grass. Holden HATES the grass.

The kiddos after the goods had been found. Love how Weston is trying to grab his egg back that Lucas had just stolen out of his basket.
{Brayden, Weston, Evan, Holden, and Lucas}

We painted, decorated eggs with stickers, and then dyed eggs. All of which were huge messes but oh so fun. 

Bunny sandwiches {on white bread} and cupcakes made their yearly appearance. New to the scene this year were tamales from a hole in the wall shop down the street. They were a good find and they'll be back next year.

Holden tried pb&j for the first time. Not quite one years old but how can you deny a kid pb&j bunnies on white bread?? He was literally obsessed. 

Fun, fun day.

No comments: