Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Holden's 1st Birthday Party

Our little Hold's woke up to streamers and presents. Pretty sure Weston was convinced it was his birthday and his presents.... but I guess two excited kids is better than just one!


That night we had a small party for our birthday boy....  the kids all had a blast, Holden loved his cake, and it turned out to be a perfect night. 

Don't get me started on my cake issues.... I used this chocolate cake recipe and this salted carmel frosting recipe. The cake is turning out to be one of my favorite recipes and the frosting was really great too.... but it didn't turn out thick enough nor sticky enough. It basically just slid down the cake. Hmmmm?


Favors were our favorite giant chocolate chip cookies sprinkled with sea salt. Sea salt on cookies is really the only way to go. 

The smash cake failed miserably.... but Holden didn't care. Three cakes later I ended up with this and was just happy to have a cake for him before the party started. Holden loved the candle and loved having this giant cake all to himself. 


To say he enjoyed his cake was an understatement. I love, love, love this age.


We had 5 minutes of silence while the kiddos were eating and then we went back to chaos. The kids had a blast. 
{Holden, Evan, Weston, Brayden, Conner, and Ava. Not pictured: Luke and Ronan}

We love you to pieces Holdie! Happy 1st Birthday!!

5 comments:

stacy said...

Love it Shannon! It is so awesome to see how much you love being a mom! You have some adorable little guys!

anya said...

darling shannon. i love the colors!!! that cake sounds delish. i think you should make it for my birthday this month. sound good? mkay!

Angie N said...

lucky lucky little boy! Wish you guys lived closer!!!

Emily and Alan said...

Happy Birthday Holden!!! The party turned out so cute. I love all the decorations and the colors!

Hilarry said...

You got such awesome shots!! I can't believe it's been a year. Love Holdie boy!

P.S. Your garland looks amazing too. Everything is perfect!