Monday, September 27, 2010

Santa Cruz

We escaped the heat this weekend and went to Santa Cruz. But let's be honest, it was still 85 degrees {until you dipped your toes in the negative degree water}. That water is so dang cold. Weston was definitely not a fan.

I don't care that the beach is dirty, I love the boardwalk and all the crazies that you see there. Plus, there was a cheerleading competition right on the beach so there was LOTS of action. Secretly I love to watch cheerleading competitions so I had no complaints.



Weston's favorite thing this round at the beach was smashing in sand castles and cracking up every. single. time. Such a boy.

Of course we had to check out the sea lions which Weston refused to call anything but "dog."

Pretty sure he would have ran off the dock to pet the sea lion if I had let him. I'm a mean mom and slouching in this photo. Noted.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I've been hearing about all these heat waves in CA, and didn't realize it was all the way up in NorCal too! Geesh. I thought we had it bad here, but it's fantastically fall right now.

Oh, and Ethan would be obsessed with that shirt Weston is wearing if he owned it. He has one "superhero" shirt that he ALWAYS wants to wear. He does superhero poses throughout the day too. Such a boy.

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MAEH said...

Awesome! I LOVE watching cheerleading competitions too. When they are on ESPN, I totally watch them or flip back and forth channels. :)

My sister said it was 100 degrees in Santa Cruz today...crazy!

Emily and Alan said...

I loved when we went to Santa Cruz...so fun! I hope you got some taffy.

Lindsey, J.D. said...

Aaahhh ... is it weird I love your kid and I haven't even met him? He is too funny. I think I just see some definite similarities between him and little Max :)