Monday, December 8, 2008

Oasis

Before I met Cameron I think I had been to 3 concerts in my life: sweet red-headed Reba, Garth Brooks, and Sarah McLachlan (which is still the best concert I have attended in my life). Anyhow, Cameron loves music, loves his favorite artists, and loves to support his favorite artists. So... that means we go to their concerts  every time they come to the bay area. Once we even drove to So. Cal to go see Toad the Wet Sprocket (oh the dedication).  I really try to be a good sport every time these concerts roll around... I even dutifully listen to the concert prep c.d that Cameron burns for me before each concert.

Last Wednesday night was Oasis, on the ninth row. Cameron was soooo excited. I'm excited too, look at my smile

I'm not so familiar with Oasis so I wasn't sure what to expect. Now after attending the concert I can tell you: 

Seats on the floor
 
definitely require ear plugs.

Oasis fans like to pass around their joints as they watch their band, in front of the security guards. Apparently this is legal. 

Cameron sings and claps to every song
especially when Liam, the lead singer, poses during and after every song. I have never seen an artist do this, he is like a statue. I thought it was very strange... everyone else thought this was awesome. He even held a tambourine in his mouth for about 45 seconds without moving after one song. I'm just mad I didn't get a picture of it. Here's to another concert!! 

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I remember Cameron's love of Toad the Wet Sprocket. Ben is a huge fan of music, but now that we're married and he would have to buy 2 tickets, we've become too cheap to go to concerts. Still we've seen Coldplay (back in 2003 when they weren't as big), Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan and Hippie Fest (a bunch of singers from the 60's). Die-hards buy tickets in the 9th row. We're not that die hard.

Shannon and Cameron said...

Don't worry Amanda, I'm not a die hard either :)

Shelley said...

You're a crack up on your blog! (well, and in real life, too. I stalked your blog, by the way!). And I really do see the excitement in your face in that picture...pretty overwhelming, actually... ;)