Friday, December 12, 2008

Teacher Stress

Let me tell you what a teacher's biggest stresses are: 
1. What to give the parents as a Christmas gift 
2. What to give the mothers for Mother's Day

Every year during those 2 times I rack my brain for something cute, original, child made, cheap, yada, yada, yada. It literally stresses me out. Plus, repeats are only allowed every other year. Two years ago we made applesauce and cinnamon ornaments. I won't go into the dirty details but that was the biggest disaster ever. That idea was immediately taken out of rotation. Last year we made a handprint calendar which was probably the cutest thing ever but way too much work. That idea is now also out of rotation. So here we are to this year... and we made these snowman ornaments. I think I love them. The only thing I don't love is that I had to do most of it... and I'm a huge advocate of my students doing all of their own projects. But I'm over it... it's done... and now I can start thinking of mother's day gifts! 

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

These are soooo cute! I'm not recalling what you did our year ... seems to me I'd remember the applesauce thing but that's not ringing any bells. Funny thing is that the parents get stressed about gifts for the teachers and aides!

Ryan said...

Ok, these are cute. Well done!

Michelle said...

Those ornaments are SUPER cute. But I can see how they'd be a lot of work for you.

anya said...

These are so so cute! What a great idea Shan! :)

Kristen said...

Those are so stinken cute. I can't imagine how you did it

Moxymama said...

Very cute and clever

HalnJess said...

I'm impressed that you didn't give up and just start painting ONE snowman on each! VERY IMPRESSIVE! Good luck!

Christine said...

Those are sooooo cute and original. I've never seen them before. The parents will love them!