Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Eve And Then Some

Our first Christmas Eve alone in Cali... soooooo strange! Despite missing our families we had a blast. We went into S.F. to do some shopping before the Nutcracker. We were both counting down the minutes until it started... me because I couldn't wait, Cameron because he was dreading it.

We didn't spot Santa but we did run into the Grinch

And of course we had to take our annual picture at the Macys tree. I love San Francisco during Christmas... there is nothing like it.

Besides boiling in the nose bleed seats at the Opera House, the Nutcracker was awesome. I only had to nudge Cameron 10-15 times to wake him up. Keep in mind we are making progress. Two years ago he slept through the entire 1st half and woke up at intermission.

And then we headed home on BART... so after taking a bunch of random photos


I started to get a bit queasy... things were not looking good. In fact, I emptied out my recent purchases and got the bag ready. Are you kidding, was I really about to vomit on the BART, on Christmas Eve, in front of a million people? Yes, I was and yes, I did. How embarrassing.

Why do they call it morning sickness when it seems to last ALL DAY LONG. We are pregnant, 14 weeks along, and so excited!!

11 comments:

Christine said...

Congrats!!!! We are so excited for you!

However, Devin thinks you should puk in a Macy or Target bag!

anya said...

Wahoooooooo! We are BEYOND excitement over here!!!

PS What up with that beautiful ring you are wearing? I love it! Christmas Gift besides the rockin' camera?!

Carolyn said...

We realized after we saw you last week, that was the first time that we didn't assume you were coming over to tell us that you're pregnant ... we're thrilled (but I still question the decision to photograph the bag-o-yak!!!)

Ryan said...

what's that new blingin ring and why didn't you call me back on Christmas? Glad you had a fun one!

Shannon and Cameron said...

Let me just clear up the ring situation... its from Banana... no real jewels on that baby.

Erica said...

HOLY SMOKES!!!!! i'm SO excited for you guys! CONGRATS! WOW OH WOW! how fun!!! love you guys!

Michelle said...

Congrats! Congrats!! Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you guys. My morning sickness was never in the morning. But then again I never barfed on BART!! What a great story to tell

Larsens said...

Congrats Shannon. that is so exciting! You will have so much fun! Good luck with the sickness. Congrats!

Shelley said...

Real jewels or not, I'm lovin' the ring! As far as BART goes...nice. :) That's pretty funny (I'm sure not quite so funny for you when it happened!). Oh the joys!! Congrats, again! SO excited for you guys!!!

Ali said...

Congratulations!!!!! So fun!

Amanda said...

Wohoooo! I'm excited about the baby! Not that we'll see each other in the near future, but I'm happy for you guys anyway! Unisom and B6 did the trick for me. I had ALL-DAY sickness as well practically my whole pregnancy.

Sorry I haven't been checking the blog lately. Now I feel like I've been missing out!