Sunday, January 27, 2008

Just Call Me Brittany

Last weekend we met up with our friend Erica (and her date) in the city. After being stuck in major traffic and getting lost for about an hour, we finally made it to the de Young Museum 1 hour before closing. Ends up... an hour is plenty of time. I like being cultural... but not for too long. You definitely see some interesting things at museums... here's a few pieces I found interesting:

A splatter painting, why didn't I think of that and become famous? 
A very large man? 
 A table... flowers on top and a dog on the bottom... sweet. 
A woman giving birth. Please say it is not like this... 

So after being culturally worn out, we headed to Khan Toke, a Thai House. You walk in and they take your shoes... I'm a bit nervous since I'm not wearing socks. The ambiance was super cool and the tables were low and you sat on pillows. Cameron and I of course struggled getting into the table because we are so tall... our legs just wouldn't fit. After getting situated we started seeing ants crawling around. After we killed about 12 we asked to move tables.. which led to our legs getting stuck again. The next table was a bit taller and getting in was not as dramatic as the first. The food was pretty good and we were hoping that dead ants weren't cooked in with our curry. Now... before we left I had to use the restroom. Please remember that I'm still barefoot and I'm wondering how this was going to work out. As I neared the bathroom I see that there are 4 pairs of sandal type things by the bathroom door. So now I'm faced with a decision... be Brittany Spears and go into the bathroom barefoot or wear some sandals that have been worn by about a million people. I choose the sandals and thankfully have not broken out in some strange foot fungus yet. 

2 comments:

Erica said...

good times peeps! i'm glad we were able to meet up after your driving adventures in sf!

Michelle said...

Had to comment again! Stephen and I got engaged at the de Young Museum, although we didn't see much of the museum that night. I'll have to tell you about it. We love Khan Toke. It was just a couple of blocks away from our first apartment in SF-so we went there often and we still go occasionally now.