Saturday, November 24, 2012

Chopping Down The Christmas Tree

I really wanted a white Christmas tree this year... so I spent a couple of weeks begging Cameron to invest in a white tree. That didn't go over so well. Something about me changing my mind every other day regarding my style and what I like. Hmmmmm. I plead the 5th. His peace offering was chopping down our own tree and I'm glad we did. Turns out we created a lot of fun memories, probably more than I would have pulling my fake white tree out of a box. 

A friend recommended Frosty's and it is such a gorgeous, family friendly farm. We'll be back. 
A few things I want to remember: 
-how Weston was so afraid we were lost as we wandered in and out of the trees
-how Cameron and I seriously examined each branch of each tree to make sure it was the right one... like we were choosing a house or something. 
-how much the boys loved the scalding hot chocolate
-how Cameron and I found "the perfect tree" right after we chopped ours down
-our new favorite breakfast joint, The Los Gatos Cafe

2 comments:

anya said...

this looks like such a blast shan! great pictures to remember the day as well!

Michelle said...

We'll have to check out Frosty's next year. I didn't love the tree we ended up with this year but the cutting down experience was fun.