I thought I was in the clear...
Then last month Cam and I went to the temple with some friends. Of course that means you have to stop by Fenton's and chow down on ice cream and carmel sauce. Driving home I felt a bit queazy... a bit like morning sickness. No, it couldn't be?? But I made it home in time to barely make it to the toilet. It was not pretty. So did the ice cream just not agree with me, was I sick? Not quite sure?
The next morning I wake up with red dots all around my eyes. Pretty much I looked like Zorro, but with a red mask. It was seriously pretty awesome {and pretty embarassing}. I went to work and all the girls decided that I have the "mask of pregnancy" which is fairly common in pregnancy. Now that is great... I have always wanted to look like Zorro. Now I get to for 4 more months.
Well, I lucked out. The red mask faded. At this point I had no idea what it was. But the sweet red mask was getting replaced by a few extra pounds and bloating. Even better.
Now we get to last night. It was about 11 pm and we were just finishing Grey's. And let's be honest, how good is Grey's these days? I'm loving it. And all the sudden I get the feeling... I'm hot, I'm flushed, headache, and things just aren't feeling right. I run to the sink... and you know the rest.
I look in the mirror after "the episode" and Zorro has returned... along with 2 broken blood vessels in my eye. Yes, it's true. I have been throwing up so hard that I'm breaking blood vessels in my eye and apparently around my eyes.
Ah the joys, the morning sickness is sticking with me.
I look really hot right now. In fact, words just don't even describe it. Three months left and The Boy will emerge. I will be so happy about that on so many levels.
8 comments:
Dear Sir/Madam,
While I love hearing the tales of your day, week, month, etc... please realize with each frightening update on your journey of incubating your child, I add another digit to the countdown of years until I have a kid of my own. In short: you are FREAKING ME OUT.
Having said that... I do hope that your husband is feeding you ice chips and cleaning the toilet because, after all, HE did this to you.
oh shan... i am so sorry! i bet that The Boy (have you considered the name zorro?) is going to be adorable and the best baby and so easy and will never cry or poop to make up for the tough times.
It's all worth it! Can't wait to see you on Tuesday!
Pregnancy stinks! I am not one of those people that LOVE to be pregnant right now I have broken blood vessels appearing all around my face, the doctor says is normal for pregnancy what?? Anyway when you finally have your little guy you will realize that its worth it and do it all over again!!
So that's why you were avoiding me in the halls at church! It all makes sense......jk.....I'm so sorry you are having such an interesting time with all this. But hey, I bet your eyelashes have started growing back ;) Your boy is going to be the cutest and you're adding points to your superwoman score!
Oh, how reading this brings back memories. I so remember those red dots all around my eyes from the pressure. It's OK Shannon you can complain as much as you want. Pregnancy stinks...no doubt about it. But, when The Boy comes out...all the complaining turns into fond details of what it took to get your little one here. Hang in there...the Torro look just gets worse as you get bigger.
oh shannon, here I'm off doing wedding things, and this baby is doing this to you! I'm so sorry! But seriously, this kind of stuff unfortunely comes with the territory sometimes! I can't what to hang out again!
I think most of us are "not good at this." I hate being pregnant. It's just no fun. But in the end, it is worth it. In time you'll forget how bad it really was and sign up to do it again!
Post a Comment